Software Developer (PHP)
OMBU is an Open Source Software technology expert specializing in designing and implementing enterprise CMS, custom applications and cloud hosting infrastructures. We've designed, built, and maintain some of the largest sites on the Web, from Portland State University's multi-site platform with 100+ sites, Paramount Pictures' site with 3000+ requests/second at peak times, and NPR's Car Talk with a community of over 35,000 users.
OMBU team members thrive in small, pragmatic teams, with well defined processes but a high degree of independence. Succeeding at OMBU requires passion for the Web, self management skills, commitment to the team and a getting-it-done attitude. OMBU is a true collaborative team and it is not unusual for the whole team to be involved in a project at some point or another.
As a developer at OMBU you will take a leadership role in project implementations – sometimes a multilingual CMS for dozens of globally distributed content editors, sometimes a CRM for an online academy, other times a custom LMS for a niche industry. Whatever the project, our clients hire us because they dont't want an off-the-shelf half-baked product, but an elegant solution that will excel in its functions and delight users.
As a developer at OMBU you will collaborate with product owners, fellow developers, designers and clients to define and implement innovative and pragmatic solution for our client’s business needs. Our projects run agile and pragmatic, with continuous builds, deployments, and client demos.
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing innovative technical solutions for complex business problems
- Ability to lead a team through a software development life cycle for a project
- Excellent team collaboration skills (soft and hard)
- Ability to thrive in a low management environment
- Ability to train and inspire more junior developers
- Work with a kick-ass team
- An opportunity to consistently ships innovative, value-centric products
- The ability to guide and affect architectural decisions
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies, projects and industries, including entertainment, education, NGOs, and government, each with unique technical challenges
- A hassle-free, modern company with policies that reward pragmatism and results and puts a strong emphasis on life/work balance
- Competitive salary based experience and great benefits